Call Us Today 781.848.5980
Call Us Today 781.848.5980

Can I move out of the state during the three or five years of my Chapter 13 Plan?

By Ullian Associates of The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C. on April 21, 2015

Chapter 13 does not put any restraints on where you can live and work. If you move to another state, your case can be transferred to that state, if necessary, and be administered by a different Chapter 13 Trustee. If you are able to improve your lifestyle and job situation, do not let the bankruptcy interfere with the move. As with all moves, be sure to contact your bankruptcy attorney to keep him/her updated on your mailing address. Your attorney can then file the necessary paperwork and work with the Trustee to ensure a smooth transfer of your case.

For more information on bankruptcy or to schedule your free consultation with The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C., contact us here.

What Our Clients Say

“ ---- and I are so blessed to have yourself and John on our team.  I know you hear that all the time, and maybe this is just a job to you but, --- and I always talk about how professional, patient and personal you have been with us.  Thank you!! John and yourself literally put us back on track with our lives. ”


All Testimonials